Cold Daisies

Thursday, May 08, 2014

Hello gorgeous!
We all have those Spring days where it's not raining but it isn't sunny either. I like to call it "the grey weather" because honestly everything seems dull and grey-ish when the weather is like that!
However, when I'm having a grey day, I don't wear anything dark and lifeless, I wear as much color possible, without compromising my style and comfort. And, my dear, that's what I bring you today!


Cold Daisies
T-shirt: Sheinside / Jeans: Topshop / Coat: Zara / Boots: The Iconic / Bag: Chicnova / Necklace: Baublebar / Bracelet: Baublebar / Watch: Forever 21 / Ring: Pieces / Shades: Oasap / Lipstick: Urban Decay in Obsessed

Starting off with the basics, everyone should (and most likely you already do!) own a nice white t-shirt, a nice pai or regular denim jeans and black ankle booties. I took those basic 3 pieces and I spiced them up. Honestly, you can't really go wrong if you have basics as the core of your outfits, since they will go with pretty much anything else you put on top of them! 
In this particular case, I spiced basics with color, such as this sunny pastel yellow. You could put on a bright pink or a cian blue too, but since the day was lacking sun, a sunny yellow seemed to be the right color to pull off. 

I kept the rest of the look pretty simple and feminine too. A creme white bag with gold details, a gold chain necklace, a simple black ring, a rose gold bracelet (just to break the yellow gold a bit! You surely don't want to go for a yellow over load, since it can be a bit too much on most people!), a girly floral watch and edgy shades (even if the weather is grey-ish, you still have to protect your eyes from sun damage! Never forget that!) to break the feminism a bit and add my own edgy kick to the whole look.

I would keep the makeup really fresh and simple today, because you want the focus to be on the coat BUT it simply wouldn't be one of my looks if I didn't add a bit of color blocking and something interesting to look at when you take the coat off: a bright creamy lipstick! This color will perfectly compliment the pale yellow and look stunning on any skin tone, but also it will be the pop of color when you take off the coat! 


What do you wear on grey Spring days? Let me know on the comments bellow! 

Have a wonderful day! 


xoxo~C


You Might Also Like

0 comments