KIKO MILANO LIPSTICK COLLECTION

Saturday, March 21, 2015

Hello gorgeous!
It's been a long time!
I haven't posted anything on the past 3 months and that's because I've been really busy and doing my best to collect material to work with for you!
SO I'm coming back with... a Kiko Milano Lipstick Collection! YAY!
If you've been following me on social media and read my last couple of posts, you know that I am a lipstick addict. I just LOVE lipstick – you can put on BB cream, do your brows, apply mascara and put on a bright, fun lipstick and you’ll look SO put together, alive and fresh!
I have built up a nice collection of lipsticks, so if you want a full lipstick collection or if you want to know which ones are my favorite – let me know! I’ll be more than happy to do that for you!


So, without further do, let’s get into the lippies!

Luscious Cream Lipstick #507 – Peach Rose

All of you pale girls REJOICE! This is the perfect nude for us.

Color: gorgeous warm, pinky peach. If you use a lip concealer, it will show off as a pinker nude.
Formula: creamy, luscious goodness! It will cling to dry patches and make them more obvious, as well as fine lines. However, this can be fixed by gently patting your lips after applying the lipstick. It also has a very light moisturizer type of scent to it, but you can’t really feel it once it is on your lips.
Lasting power: As most creamy lipsticks, this lipstick doesn't last for a long time. The moisture is quickly absorbed by the lips and a nice soft stain is left after it wears off.
I give it a 5/10, since it settles into lines and dry patches a lot, and my lips are pretty much always chapped.

Velvet Mat Lipstick #604 – Bright Orange

Dear goodness, this lipstick is LIFE! I have never thought I’d love an orange lipstick as bright as this one! 

Color: bright, powerful, warm orange, with an evident red undertone to it.
Formula: As the name suggests, this is a velvety matte lipstick, which means it won’t drag on your lips and won’t dry them out. I’d say this is more of a satin-y texture which means it won’t cling to dry patches or fine lines. It has a very sweet almond scent to it which you can still smell a little after you apply it, but it’s nothing over the top.
Lasting power: It might have a satin like texture, but it certainly has the lasting power of a matte lipstick. It takes quite a while to dry completely on the lips HOWEVER it looks completely matte, from when you first apply it till you remove it. Once it dries, it leaves the most pigmented stain on your lips. On my chapped lips, it tends to last up to 5 hours, even if I grab something to eat or drink.
I give it a 9/10, for it’s gorgeous color, lasting power and light texture. This is one of my favorite lipsticks I own!

Velvet Mat Lipstick #614 – Dark Berry

One of my favorite berry/dark lipsticks! It’s so insanely good! 

Color: this is a beautiful berry lipstick, with a pinky base. It’s not too dark and not too vampy. It’s a very elegant color, wearable all year long!
Formula: I’ve already explained this lipsticks formulation above, however, I have to say that this lipstick is less opaque than the orange one.
Lasting power: read above! They are equally long lasting!
I give it a 7/10, just because it isn’t as opaque, doesn’t mean it isn’t as incredible as #604 ;)

Smart Lipstick #903 – Candy Rose

This is my go-to lipstick from Kiko, I throw it if I’m super tired but I want to look alive and well. 

Color: Bright, wearable Barbie pink. I say wearable because it definitely has that girly vibe a Barbie pink has, but it isn’t as insanely bright and obnoxious as Barbie pink can be for everyday wear.
Formula: super creamy and lightweight lipstick! It has a pearly finish, making it even more wearable. It reflects light beautifully, making your lips look quite plump and moisturized.
Lasting power: This lipstick is very balmy, which means it will not last very long on the lips, but it won’t just melt off of your lips easily. It wears off slowly. Once it wears off, you’re left with a lip balm looking stain, without drying the lips.
I give it a 9/10, the only thing keeping me from giving a 10/10 is the fact that I wish it was as long lasting as some of the lipsticks from this line.


Smart Lipstick #908 – True Red 

 My first red lipstick! And quite honestly, my very first Kiko purchase!

Color: the name is very self-explanatory: this is a true red, which means it has a neutral base to it – it’s not too orange or too blue. It will make your teeth look slightly whiter, what’s not to love about that, right? :D
Formula: a super creamy lipstick with full coverage! It has no pearliness what so ever! It applies really smoothly and evenly, without gathering up on fine lines or dry patches when you apply it. I have to say that after a couple of hours, it will start gathering on the inside line of your lips, which is not very attractive.
Lasting power: apart from the detail of gathering on the inside line of the lips, it has a great lasting power. I found that the best way to prevent the gathering from happening is by applying the lipstick with a brush, pat it in and then apply it straight from the bullet.
I give it a 7/10, because I don’t always have the time to apply the lipstick with a lip brush and it’s quite unpleasant to have your lipstick gather on the inside of your lips.

Smart Lipstick #909 – Cherry Red 

Delicious as cherries, I’ve been wearing this baby a ton lately, even has a cream blush!

Color: blue toned deep cherry red. It doesn’t look as red on the lips as it does on the bullet – which was quite pleasant – it looks better than it does on the bullet!
Formula: I’m pretty sure you’ve noticed that all of the lipsticks from this line are quite creamy, and this one is no exception. It’s on the sheer side, so you’ll have to use a matching lip liner or do a few swipes of it to get an opaque color.
Lasting power: Since I use this lipstick mainly as a stain, I can tell you that it has quite a nice lasting power. However, when applied normally, it will last 4 to 5 hours without smudging. Oh, it also doesn’t gather on fine lines or make dry patches more evident.
I give it a 8/10, because honestly I love this color as a stain and as a cheek stain – pale girls rejoice! Perfect berry toned cream blush EVER!

Smart Lipstick #913 – Rosewood

I may or may not have gotten this because of Pretty Little Liars… Oops!

Color: beautiful antique-rose, mauve-y, sophisticated pink. It has a lovely warm, plumy tone to it. It’s the perfect kind of pink to wear, especially if you have to work somewhere where your makeup needs to be toned down and elegant.
Formula: this one is a very opaque, full coverage lipstick; it’s one of the best of the range actually. Like the others, it doesn’t gather on fine lines or dry patches.
Lasting power: like I said, this is the best lipstick of the entire range, in my opinion. It’s the most long lasting one, lasting me up to 6 hours, including eating and drinking.  It wears off smoothly, leaving a nice stain behind.
I give it a 10/10, it is the most amazing and beautiful lipstick from Kiko I own. If you want any of their lipsticks, I totally recommend this one!

Smart Lipstick #914 – Amaranth 

I spent months trying to buy this lipstick! It’s that dreamy! 

Color: pink toned, purple, berry goodness. It reminds me of Rebel by MAC, in fact, that is the main reason I wanted to buy it in the first place. It’s really vampy but you can also use it as a stain and make it less dark and vampy.
Formula: Creamy as can be, yet not very opaque or as dark as it seems to be on the bullet- but you can definitely build it up! I do find that this lipstick gathers on dry patches, not applying as evenly and smoothly as the other ones.
Lasting power: It might not be as smooth as the others, but it has a great lasting power! It lasts for 4 hours, fading away evenly as it wears off.
I give it a 7/10 because regardless of it not being very opaque, I truly love the color and the way it wears off.

Smart Lipstick #918 – Classic Rose

Ahhh the “my lips but better” color! 

Color: mauve-y, pink-y. brown-ish color – perfect color to even out your lip shade without really looking like you’re wearing anything! I grab this lipstick when I feel lazy and don’t really want to fuzz around with my makeup.
Formula: just like the other lipsticks on this line, this is a really creamy lipstick. However, I find it to be the most moisturizing one from my collection. It won’t gather on fine lines or dry patches, giving the appearance of plump, even and healthy lips.
Lasting power: maybe because of its color, I don’t find it lasts as much as the other ones, however, it looks like you’re just wearing lip balm for HOURS.
I give it a 9/10 because of how natural and effortless it is to apply this lipstick – I love it!

Smart Lipstick #923 – Peony Purple 

I am pretty sure this is the Pantone’s Color of the Year for 2014 in a lipstick format! It’s amazing! 

Color: neon, super bright purple-y violet shade. It’s such a “me” color! Absolutely perfect for spring time (even tho I’ll wear It all year round!). It’s not a color for everyone, but if you’re a lipstick junkie like me, you should get it before they discontinue it.
Formula: really creamy like the others, however, it’s the most patchy of them all. It doesn’t gather on fine line or dry patches BUT it isn’t opaque, but the color drags around as you’re applying it.
Lasting power: this is the most unique lipstick from my collection, not just because of its color, but also because when it starts wearing off… it becomes pink! It lasts for a really long time, firstly as a purple and then as a blue toned pink, it’s absolutely beautiful.
I give it a 8/10 for it’s uniqueness and the way it stays on your lips as 2 different colors!


That’s it, that’s my entire collection of Kiko lipsticks! Are you still there? Tell me bellow if you read it all!
I’d love to know what Kiko lipsticks you’ve got and which one is your favorite!
I hope you’ve enjoyed this post, just as much as I enjoyed to write it for you!

Have a wonderful day
Xoxo


Photos by: Joana D. Silva - joana.dt.silva@gmail.com 
FTC Disclaimer: None of the companies and brands mentioned asked me to mention them on this post. The links above are not affiliate. All opinions are my own. 

You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. they are all so pretty, but I think the orange one is my fave :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?! That orange is L.I.F.E

      xoxo

      Delete
  2. Ah makes me want to go back to kiko & buy more! Love this post xxx

    emmaandout.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GO! I actually just got another Kiko lipstick... oops! :p Thank you darling!

      xoxo

      Delete
  3. All of the Kiko Milano Lipstick Collection are so pretty, however I think the orange one is my fave. I love respect your collection. To get more women accessories please go..............boutiqueken

    ReplyDelete
  4. The nail lipsticks are so cute to look. And also so stylish. The red will be very fashionable with my ladies denim shirt . The lipstick are so lovely to see and also so stunning. Green is looking so attractive.The price is also affordable.Thank you very much for great post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully swatched!��

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kiko lipstick Pashop VN best. Website: https://pashop.vn/

    ReplyDelete