A heart to heart conversation

Saturday, May 03, 2014

Hello gorgeous

I think I should have talked about this before, but truth is, I don't think I had the guts to just come here and open up with you guys in such a personal and deep way, until now.

Whenever I turn on my laptop, or when I'm on my phone, I notice I keep being bombarded with this conception of beauty, created and pretty much globalized by today's society. And yes, I'm aware that we all are today's society, but to be frankly honest with you guys, I'm also aware that we, as the common citizens, don't have the power and, most times, the means to share and globalize our own conceptions of what we think something should be.

I'm focusing on beauty because that's what my blog and, lets say, my life is about. But not just the superficial kind of beauty, the psychological, emotional beauty too, but I'll get to those in a bit.

Everyday, when you go to school, when you go to work, when you walk down the street, you keep receiving the conception that lean, tall, toned bodies are what every single human being should look like. The concept of what's beautiful is highly edited and manipulated and we are taught to believe that those unrealistic bodies and figures are the kind of bodies we should have.

To be part of this huge community, as a fashion and beauty blogger, I think it's our place and also our job to show what real human beings look like without the major technology manipulation,  to show that the images that we see as beautiful aren't the only kind of beautiful in the world, that it is okay to be different. 

I'd just like to show to all of you, through my work and possibly through conversations like this that having a thigh gap, having the most toned body, having the shinier hair or the nicest, most expensive clothes will not make you a happier and more beautiful person. Because those are simply superficial things, superficial qualities that do not show the world around you what you really are, they don't show the world your true value as a person. 

I used to look in the mirror and see a numerous amount of flaws that I tried so hard to change, by piling on makeup, by wearing non-flattering clothes to hide my body, by wearing my hair up, by working out intensively until I just couldn't stand up anymore. And you know what? That exhausting search to find the concept of beauty on myself didn't make me happy at all, in fact I felt miserable. 

I think I have realized lately that it's okay not to be perfect, because that truly doesn't matter. Instead of trying to change how I looked to be happy, I decided to work on who I am, on valuing myself, and I have never been happier. 

I hope you all realize that your image is purely superficial. Be confident on your own skin, treat yourself the best possible and love yourself. Those are the keys for happiness. 

Have a wonderful day! 

Much love, C

You Might Also Like

0 comments