NYX Lippies Review and Swatchfest!

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Hello gorgeous!

As I told you on my What I Got For Christmas post (check it out here), I was sent some lovely NYX lippies from my dear friend from the States, and I want to share my thoughts on them with you! 

I wasn’t sure if I should start with each kind of lippie or go from the lightest to darkest color, but I decided to go by color, so it’s easier for you!
If you never heard about NYX…. WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?! They’re a cruelty free drugstore brand, with INCREDIBLE products at incredible prices. They have everything you can imagine, from foundation, to neutral eye shadow palettes, to very vibrant eye shadows and even green lipstick. Yeah, GREEN!

I’ve always loved to go on their website and lust over their products, and even make lists of my favorite things, just in case I could order something one day, and I honestly flipped when I saw my friend had sent me some of their goodies!

She knows me well, so she kept it to lip products – I’m a complete lip junkie! And she also knows I’m the biggest fan of dark colors, natural pinks and mauves and also bright reds and oranges.

So, without further do, lets jump into those goodies!

NYX Butter Gloss in Vanilla Cream Pie (BLG 09) (get it here)
I’m not the biggest fan of glosses, simply because usually my hair gets stuck on my lips and it’s just really messy. However, these are completely different than any lip gloss I have ever tried! They stick to your lips but they don’t feel sticky to the touch or when you talk and move your lips. They last a really long time - I’ve had this lip gloss for over 5 hours and it wasn’t as shiny and glossy but it was still there.
I think these are called Butter glosses because they smell EXACTLY like butterscotch – YUUUM!
I personally LOVE this color – It’s a very light wash of pink on your lips, that when worn on it’s own, it makes your lips look really healthy and juicy. I’ve been using this lip gloss when I feel really lazy and I don’t want to worry about being precise with my lip color, and it NEVER fails me.
Oh before I forget, you get 8mls of product- I don’t know about you, but that’s… A LOT!


NYX Butter Lipstick in Pops (BLS17) (get it here)
Just like the Butter Glosses, this has a butterscotch scent to it, but it’s not as obvious or sweet.
It is, literally, the most buttery lipstick I have ever tried on. It goes on super smoothly and easily, the color pay off is impressive. Hands down, the BEST lipstick I own that isn’t matte.
Color wise, Pops is described by NYX as being a mauve, but on my lips it’s more of a pinky, natural color. It surely has a mauve tone to it, but it’s not super noticeable on my lips.
I initially thought that because it’s buttery, it would last very little, but today I wore this to class, I had a sandwich and a bottle of juice 2 and a half hours later, and it was still there. It was COMPLETELY there, not just a little residue, but ALL OF IT! I nearly could not believe my eyes. It’s just… AMAZING!

You get 4.5 grams of product, which is one gram more than the KIKO ones, which is pretty fantastic!


 NYX Matte Lipstick in Whipped Caviar (MLS15) (get it here)
In the words of Jaclyn Hill, this color is… GORGINA! I don’t have a better word to describe this lipstick, I just don’t!
This is the NYX version of the famous “Kylie Jenner lip”, it’s just so flattering! It’s very similar to Pops, but it’s a bit more cool toned and browner, but without losing that natural rose/pink color, which makes it a bit more obvious that you’re wearing lipstick.
It glides on like a charm – don’t let the word “matte” scare you! It doesn’t drag your lips when you’re applying it, and it dries to a very comfortable matte finish once it’s on.
It last a very long time and it does highlight texture on the lips, but not in a dramatic way, especially if you put on lip balm before.

Again, you get 4.5 grams of product!


NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Zurich (SMLC14) (get it here)
These have a very weird, interesting formula – it’s not like a liquid lipstick, it’s more a whipped cream kind of formula. It also smells like caramel – I can’t stop myself from opening them and smelling them  - UGH they smell SO GOOD!
Zurich is one of the new colors they released in 2014, and I’m so glad they did! They describe it as a muted rose, and that’s pretty spot on.
On me, it looks a bit paler than Whipped Caviar even tho they are very similar colors. I think that’s mainly because Zurich has a nude base to it, whereas Whipped Caviar has a more brown-ish base. I really love it, regardless!
It’s actually the perfect kind of nude for my skin tone- it gives me a nude effect but without making me look washed out or dead, because of the rose pigment on it.

NYX does say that these are a moisturizing matte formula, but I find these more drying than the Matte Lipsticks, but they take a lot of time to feel drying. Like I said, this is a very weird formula! When you apply it, it’s completely matte, but it takes I’d say 20 to 30 minutes for it to completely set on your lips, unless you do a very thin coating of it.

And that’s one of the great things about this lip cream – it’s VERY buildable. You can apply a thin layer, let it dry and keep building up layers and not only will the color pay off be amazing but it will also last AGES.
They really last a very long time, unless you drink something and get your lips wet. If you do, they will start to fade away, but in a even way.

Also, you get 8mls of product, which is great, especially since I love to layer them :p

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Milan (SMLC11) (get it here)
I won’t go on about the formula because I just did, so I’ll focus more on the color.
NYX describes Milan as a mid-tone blue-tone pink. It is blue toned, but on my skin it looks like a vibrant pink, rather than a mid-tone pink. It’s absolutely gorgeous!
 It really brightens up your complexion and makes you look really healthy and hydrated, and because it has blue tones in it, it makes your teeth look really white – SCORE!

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Antwerp (SMLC05) (get it here)
This is the warm, yellow toned version of Milan. It’s a tad darker, more coral and less “in your face pink” than Milan, which usually suits me a lot better, and this is no exception.
  I find myself reaching for Antwerp a lot more than Milan exactly because it isn’t as bright pink as Milan is on me.
I love both colors regardless; don’t get me wrong, but on a daily basis I prefer a subtle pop of color like Antwerp.

NYX Butter Gloss in Devil’s Food Cake (BLG22) (get it here)
Ahh the butterscotch scent …!
NYX describes it as a deep plum, but I find it to be a bit more on the wine side than the plum side – it definitely is red toned rather than purple toned.
Just like Vanilla Cream Pie, it is very cheer, so if you want to try dark colors but you don’t want to commit to the full thing, GET THIS LIP GLOSS! It will give your lips a deep wine yet sheer pigment and the fullness that glosses give. I.LOVE.IT!  

NYX Matte Lipstick in Bloody Marry (MLS18) (get it here)
Let’s begin with the name… How bloody awesome (see what I did there? ;) )is this name?! I love it!
NYX describes it as a blue-tone cranberry and they are spot on. It’s so beautiful and brightening and BOLD! It’s PERFECT! It makes your teeth look REALLY white, it brings life to your face and it’s that kind of red that doesn’t really look red , it looks more like a pink-y red  and it’s just beyond perfect!
I haven’t been wearing this lipstick as much as I’d like to for 2 reasons  - I don’t want to run out of it quickly and because my lips have been really dried lately and this color and formula isn’t very forgiving!
But wait till it’s Spring and you’ll see me rock this like it’s a nude lipstick!


NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Copenhagen (SMLC20) (get it here)
I have been eyeing this color for SO long, that when I saw she sent me this, I nearly cried. It’s a “me” color!
NYX describes it as rich plum, but again, it’s a rich wine! It’s the most perfect color I have ever put on my lips. 
I wear this everywhere, especially since this formula is a bit more forgiving when it comes to dryness, even tho it can go a bit patchy, but my trick is to do a thin layer of it and rub it into my lips with my finger, so everything is evenly covered.


And that’s it! Man that was a long post! Comment bellow “I love unicorns <33” if you reached this far! :p

Let me know what you think about NYX lippies and what kind of review/swatchfest I should do next! Would you like to see any kind of look using these goodies?! Let me know as well!



Have a wonderful day!



Xoxo




FTC Disclaimer: None of the companies and brands mentioned asked me to mention them on this post. The links above are not affiliate. These are ALL Christmas gifts given to me by my lovely friend. All opinions are my own. 

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. I always prefer to read the quality content and this thing I found in you post. Thanks for sharing.A very good resource for everybody that wants to read a good blog.

    Best Lipstick Brand

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing review with us as such posts always help us to made decision what should we buy and what should we not buy

    ReplyDelete