Barry M Aquarium Nail Effects Collection - First Impressions, Swatchfest and Review -

Friday, November 07, 2014

Hello gorgeous! 

How are you doing?! It's been a while! 

Today's post is all about Barry M's Aquarium Nail Effects Collection. 
I won 5 of the nail polishes from this collections (they are 8 in total) on an Instagram contest and I loved them SO much that I wanted to share my thoughts on them, as well as swatches and small review on every shade! 
So without further do, let's get into it!  


Those are the colors I got and before talking about the colors, I want to talk about the formula of the polish.  They have a very thin formula, which means you will need more coats to have a very opaque nail, BUT you won't have streaks on your nails, which happens with most thick formulas.  The glitter polishes have a thicker formula, which is understandable, since it's glitter, and this means you will get a decent amount of glitter on your nail in one go.
The thin formulated ones dry SUPER quickly, which is GREAT, but keep in mind that the glitter ones take a while to dry, specially if you do many layers of it.

Now let's move on to the colors, they way I'm showing them is through 3 pictures: the 1st one is only using flash in my improvised photo box, the 2nd one in natural light and the 3rd one is also in natural light but I tilted the bottle a bit.

Pacific
Pacific is the most beautiful blue ever! It's a mirrored two-tone polish, which means it changes between both colors depending on the lighting. The main color of Pacific is a tropical ocean blue and the "mirrored" color is a darker purple toned blue. As you can see, it has a metallic/shimmery finish to it, which I supposed helps with the mirrored effect, and it's amazing.

Arabian
Arabian is an olive green polish with a blue mirrored effect. In fact, the blue on this polish is very similar to Pacific's base blue, which is interesting! The nail polish looks WAY more vibrant green than it actually is, but the middle one is pretty accurate to it. This is my most favorite color of the 5, because of how unique this color is! 

Mediterranean 
Mediterranean is a warm toned pink, with a very tiny hint of coral. The mirrored effect on this one is created by this gorgeous sunset orange-yellow. It's GORGEOUS. Usually i dont gravitate to pinks that much, because most of them tend to look very neon with my skin tone, even if they're not neon, but this one is so different (because of the mirrored effect) that it looks really really good on me. So if you're very pale, with a neutral undertone, this pink is for you! 

Treasure Chest
Treasure Chest has confetti like particles, in gold and rose gold, and it's incredibly beautiful. It's really hard to remove from the nail if you use various coats of it, but if you do one single thin layer it's not that hard to remove. I love this one, It's so pretty and each little glitter particle is different, giving the polish a lot of dimension. 

Mermaid
Mermaid is the last polish from this collection that I have to share with you. It's another confetti like polish, but this one has royal blue, emerald green and gold particles on it. It really makes me think of a mermaid tail when light hits it. I like to use this one on it's own, or over Pacific, or any darker blue for that matter. I would definitely give it a look! 


There you can see how the polishes look on my nails. I haven't applied any kind of base coat or top coat!
Over all, these polishes last me a full week before they start to slightly chip, and I don't use any base or top coat, how amazing is that?!

You can purchase these beauties and the rest of the collection on Barry M's website, or you can just click -> here !


Let me know if you'll check them out and what's your favorite color!

Have a wonderful day !



xoxo, C





FTC Disclaimer: None of the companies and brands mentioned asked me to mention them on this post. The links above are not affiliate. I won the products above on a contest. All opinions are my own. 







You Might Also Like

0 comments