Beauty Blabber: Zoya Awaken Spring 2012 Collection

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Hello my loves!

If you follow me on Twitter (@thefashioncafe_) you know I promised you a beauty dedicated week, since all the most amazing Spring collections are coming out!

I'm going to start off with nail polishes, because who doesn't love a good polish?
A beautiful manicure can completely change and spice up your look. No matter what kind of style you are supporting, from the timeless french manicure to a spiked up nail (literally!), your nails can say a lot about you! And because I want YOU to make the best impression and to look your best, I bring you Zoya's Spring 2014 Collection: Awaken.


This collection comes with 6 beautiful Spring shades and a special effect topper. The sades are (from left to right): Dillon, Rebel, Hudson, Dot, Cole and Brooklyn. The special effect topped is called Monet and you can use it over every polish you want, with the guarantee that it will give you a different effect depending on the shade you are using! 

Dillon is described as a a full-coverage, green mint metallic with a silver shimmer. I would wear it all year round, since it isn't a massively bright color. 

Rebel is a full-coverage blue sky metallic with a silver shimmer. This color I would reserve it for sunnier days, since it can be a bit too bright for Fall and Winter. But, if you like supporting bright colors on grey days, this color is absolutely perfect.

Hudson is another metallic with silver shimmer, being described on Zoya's website as a full-coverage, purple orchid metallic with a silver shimmer. This is another color I would wear all year round, seeing that it isn't really bright, just like Dillon.

Dot an be best described as a full-coverage pink petal cream (originally released as Dot for fashion designer Zang Toi's SS14 Collection). This is an universal color, in my opinion. It's a gorgeous cream pink, that will look very faltering in any skin color, once again, all year round! 

Cole is the most beautiful peach whisper cream I've ever seen! Yes, it's a orange-y peach, it reminds me of ice cream! This is by far, right before Dot, my favorite from the entire collection! It had been originally released during NYFW as Stella for Peter Som's SS14 Collection. 

Brooklyn is described a full-coverage, white-gold shimmer metallic. I'm not the biggest fan of yellows, since they don't look that flattering with my skin tone, but I can imagine it against a darker skin tone and it seems FABULOUS! I would surely give it a try!  

Finally but surely not least, the Special Effect Topper in Monet. It's described as a multi-colored, cellophane holographic special effect topper. The translucent cellophane flakes look different over every color. You can see it above, over some of the Awaken collection colors!



What's your favorite Awaken nail polish? What's your to-go-to Spring shade? Let me know on the comments bellow!


Have a wonderful day!


xoxo~C

You Might Also Like

0 comments