A bolder look

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Hello my darlings! 

Yeah, I know this was posted yesterday, but I honestly could not keep editing it, so I hope you don't mind I talk about this look today! 
As you beauties may know, there's this show called The Carrie Diaries, and I've been absolutely OBSESSED with it! If you like Sex & The City you should totally check it out! 
Anyways, I don't only love the show, I love the fashion! To be more exact, the 80's fashion from Manhattan. 
Yes, I have to say it was a bit of a chaos sometimes, with all the bright colors and patterns, but the key to get the Carrie Bradshaw look without looking like a clown is simple: just be bold! 
You don't have to go full on bold, just pic up a piece or two that stand out, without clashing with each other, that's the last thing you want! 


A bolder look

I took a nice wine skater skirt as my base piece and worked around it. I took inspiration from Carrie and mixed 2 patterns: the polka dot on the shirt and the flower-ish one on the jacket. However, I kept the cuts and the fitting quite simple and nice. If you want to mix things, always keep one thing in common, either one color or the fitting. 
I followed the brown from the belt around the skirt to the shoes. Also, I see a lot of characters using that kind of shoes, with a very small heel. Keeping something quite simple and in a neutral shade is a great way to pull off bright colors and patterns together! 
For accessories,  I chose glamorous pieces, that compliment the skirt. Emerald green stud earrings and a statement short necklace will make the entire look be more glamorous and put together, without taking much work! 
Finally, the bag! The iconic Carrie bag. Obviously I couldn't find the exact one used on the show (but I'm working on it!) and not all of us are so brave and magical with nail polish and a brush, right? However, you can always use a similar type of purse to make yourself feel like a young determinate woman ready to conquer the world! 
The pieces displayed on the picture are:

Do you watch The Carrie Diaries or Sex & The City? What's your favorite fashion era? Let me know on the comments bellow! 


Have a lovely day! 


xoxo~C 


You Might Also Like

0 comments